Our Light up a Life Services
We hope we can look forward to seeing you at a Light up a Life service this year
- 4pm, Saturday 2nd December 2023 Canvey Methodist Church, SS8 9AB
- 4.15pm, Saturday 9th December 2023 St Mary's Church, Prittlewell, SS2 6LQ
- 4pm, Sunday 10th December 2023 Hadleigh Salvation Army Temple, SS7 2PR
Our services are free to all who would like to attend. You do not need to have experienced hospice care.
Light up a Life services include reflective readings, opportunities to remember loved ones and some seasonal music. Everyone who attends a service will receive an LED candle to light during the event and is welcome to take this home.
Members of staff from Havens Hospices will be at each event, able to offer support if you need it.
We all hope we can look forward to seeing you at a Light up a Life service this year. Everyone else there will be there for the same reason as you, and you will be so very welcome.
Please let us know if you are planning to attend any of the Light up a Life services, so we can ensure there is space and seating for you and everyone coming with you. Book to attend here.
Book of Remembrance
The Book of Remembrance will be available to view throughout 2024 at the following venues.
- Canvey Methodist Church
- St Mary’s Church, Prittlewell
- Fair Havens Hospice, Southend-on-Sea
Your donations and our gift
When you make a donation in memory of your loved one, we will:
- Display your dedication in the gallery below and dedicate a light on our hospice Christmas trees.
- Send you a special card for you to keep, honouring your loved one/s and the important impact of the donation you have made in their name/s.
- Include your loved one’s name/s in our Book of Remembrance, which will be available to view at all our Light up a Life remembrance services, and in our online Book of Remembrance.*
*if received by the deadline of Friday 17th November
Thank you to our sponsors S. Stibbards & Sons.