young ambassadors project 20i9
Are you aged 16 to 18 looking for an experience that can help you stand out from the crowd?
Our Young Ambassadors Project offers you work experience with a difference. Not only will it give you the edge when applying for university or as you take your first step on to your career path; but it will also give you the feel-good factor as it involves giving back to the community as a volunteer for one of Essex’s largest charities.
Applications for Young Ambassadors Project 2019 are now closed and will reopen in September.
what does being a young ambassador involve?
- Community – Getting involved with your local community through volunteering is the perfect opportunity to learn vital skills, gain insight into possible careers and give back.
- Experience – Gaining valuable experience can be difficult, especially if you are unsure what you want to do. Becoming a Young Ambassador allows you to try out a role that you may not have considered before.
- Evolve – Learn new skills that will help with future university and job opportunities; from learning how to write a fantastic application letter and interviewing skills to building confidence and gaining knowledge about an area of industry.
you never know where your yap year will take you!
This video format is not supported
We commit to providing you with
- Experience of a recruitment and interview process.
- Access to excellent induction and training
- An excellent and unique opportunity to gain experience within a Hospice environment
- Practical experience of volunteering in a Hospice setting
- Out of pocket travel expenses
- On-going support and supervision including a named Volunteer Coordinator
- Celebration and Certificate on completion of the year
you could be a young ambassador in:
- Care – at both Little Havens and Fair Havens
- Social Media
- Promotion and Outreach
- eBay Sales
- Community Fundraising
what’s in it for you?
Interview experience and selection process
Gain hands on work experience within a professional organization
Full training given as well as regular supervision and support
Out of pocket travel expenses
Certificate of Volunteering to enhance future applications for University, Jobs and Apprenticeship