This taster session gives you the chance to experience an introduction to the housekeeping volunteering role at Fair Havens Hospice.
You will meet some of the team and get hands on by trying some of the tasks before you sign up for the regular volunteering role.
Housekeeping taster sessions are from Monday to Thursday between 10 am and 1pm and must be pre-booked!
What to expect on the day?
Once a date and time has been confirmed for your Taster Session you will be met by Stella, our Housekeeping Coordinator at Fair Havens Reception.
The session will last approximately 2-3 hours, it will include:
• A short induction into our Health and Safety guidelines
• An introduction into what your taster session will include (this could involve cleaning a patients rooms, or washing and ironing)
• A guided tour of the building and grounds
• An introduction to employees and volunteers who are on duty that day
During your session you will have the opportunity to talk about the role in greater detail and Stella will be able to answer any questions you may have.
Please note that during your taster session a paid member of staff must be present at all times.
practical information for the taster session:
• Please come in smart ,comfortable clothing, no logos or jeans should be worn.
• Please come in suitable shoes for this role , in flat shoes that preferably do not expose your toes.
• Havens Hospices has a strict ‘No Smoking’ Policy in and around the building. You are not allowed to smoke in any part of the buildings or gardens.
•You can only take part in a Taster Session once you have completed and returned the Taster Session Form back to Volunteer Services.
Please email email@example.com or call 01702 426 237 to obtain a form.
To sign up for a session please call 01702 426 237 or email us