Our volunteers provide invaluable support, helping 'Making every day count' for our patients, children and families who we care for.
The extraordinary work of our dedicated volunteers has earned us the highest award in voluntary services, the Queens Award for Voluntary Service. This award is the highest accolade for volunteering work in the UK.
We have around 1100 volunteers who donate around 207,000 hours and bring an estimated economic value of £2.9 million a year.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life and have a wide range of backgrounds, a broad range of skills, experience and knowledge. We can usually match an individual and their skills to a volunteer role; we have a variety of volunteer roles which range from a weekly time commitment, to helping a few times a year.
what can I get out of volunteering?
We benefit greatly by having volunteers, but volunteers themselves gets lots out of it too!
Volunteering is a great way of
- Meeting new people
- Learning a new skill or gaining experience
- Increasing confidence and self esteem
- Improving employment prospect
- Being part of your local community
- Trying something new
- Making a difference
- Being part of a team
- Having fun
what do we provide our volunteers?
- Named Volunteer Coordinator/Shop Manager to provide you support and guidance
- Induction when you first start and ongoing support
- On the job training
- Out of pocket expenses such as travel
- Recognition in the form of thank you events
- Opportunity to be involved with your local community
If you’re interested in volunteering at Havens Hospices please email our Volunteering Team
or complete our online volunteer enquiry form