We are currently recruiting for Nursing Assistants to join our established Hospice at Home team, to provide physical, social, emotional and spiritual care.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- To care for the person and their family holistically ie. Recognising the importance of physical, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of care
- To assist/supervise family members (caring for the patient) or other untrained carers in the patient’s home if required
- To administer certain prescribed oral medication to incapacitated/terminal patients
- To empower and enable family and friends to continue caring for the patient and support them as appropriate
- To attend Hospice at Home team meetings
- To participate in educational programmes carried out within the Hospice, as both provider and recipient
Candidates will have:
- Experience in relevant care work
- Proven awareness of the possible needs of patients and families under the care of the hospice
- Knowledge of illness as a carer and the ability to recognise when a person has physical, social, psychological or spiritual needs
- The commitment and understanding of the hospice/palliative care philosophy
- Full valid UK Driving Licence/car owner
Covid-19 remains a necessary and important consideration for us. It is necessary to take continual significant steps to protect the health and safety of our entire Havens Hospices community. In order to comply with our duty of care, we encourage all our staff and volunteers working within the location of a regulated activity (provision of care) to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless a medical evidenced exemption applies.
We are now offering £500 upon appointment and £500 upon completion of probation for all Nurse and Healthcare Assistant roles.
Full job specification