The J’s Hospice provides a dedicated, specialist service for young adults with life-limiting conditions and their families across Essex – in the comfort of their own homes. We empower these young adults to make choices about their care and treatment and encourage them to be who they want to be.
- A tailored care package of specialist advice and support for each young adult and their carers / family
- Expert advice in transition from children’s to adults’ services to help young adults and their families to get the support they need
- Practical nursing care including symptom control, pain relief and monitoring medication
- Respite care in the home and the community by highly skilled healthcare assistants
- Emotional and practical support for the young adult and their family in their own home
- Counselling with a qualified professional
- Chaplaincy to provide spiritual support for everyone, regardless of their religion or beliefs
- Complementary therapies including massage and reflexology to aid symptom control and encourage relaxation
- Music therapy to support communication
- Volunteer drivers to enable patients to attend hospital appointments in The J’s Hospice mobility vehicle
- Young adult groups to give them time to socialise with people of their own age and enjoy different activities
- J’s Days out for young adults and their families to enjoy a variety of activities in different locations
- End of life care that recognises when a young adult is near end of life and helps to prepare them and their family, as well as providing practical and emotional support
- Bereavement support after the loss of a loved one on a 1:1 or family basis
We're a registered charity, not part of the NHS, and receive limited government funding. We can only exist because of the support and generosity of the community.
You can find out more about our care for young adults, or make a referral, on this website.
Or you can make a donation, join our family of volunteers or get fundraising today.
Together, we're transforming young adults' lives.