spiritual care lead
Working across Fair Havens, Little Havens Hospices and The J’s Hospice
Sep 29, 2019
Our Spiritual Care Team – part of the Havens Hospices Wellbeing Team - engage with patients and families using our hospice services, as well as staff and volunteers, to offer spiritual and emotional support.
This role will lead the team in working collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary Care Teams and external partners to ensure everyone within Havens Hospices is receiving the support they need.
Purpose of Role
- Be the recognised expert in providing spiritual care to patients, families, carers, staff and volunteers involved in all parts of the charity
- To meet the needs of people of all faiths and none, in the provision of and coordination of care
- Lead the Spiritual Care Team in engaging with leaders of other faiths to meet the needs of our patients
- Develop and supervise the Spiritual Care Team
The spiritual care at Havens Hospices has so far been met by Christian Chaplains. To develop a service that is both diverse and inclusive, we want to extend our reach with other faith communities. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all with relevant experience in providing spiritual care and emotional support.
New Fair Havens Hospice
This is an exciting and rewarding time to join us as we begin to build our new hospice. It will incorporate 16 in-patient bedrooms, increase Day Hospice services, additional family support and beautifully landscaped gardens and grounds. Currently in the construction stage in Southend it will bring together a range of specialist services to support people through the journey of their illness, and as the end of their life approaches.
Havens Hospices Staff Benefits
- 33 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 38 days with length of service (Including Bank Holidays)
- Salary sacrifice scheme for pension and annual leave purchase
- Competitive pension schemes and NHS pension for continuing members
- Learning and Development team committed to personal and professional development, offering a number of education opportunities
- Life Assurance
- Employee referral bonus
- Wellbeing sessions (monthly)