multi site cook
Full - Time 37.5 hours (over 5 days covering from 8.am to 6.30pm including regular weekends)
Across Fair Havens Hospice & Little Havens Hospice
Sep 19, 2019
We are looking for an experienced Cook to join our Catering team. You’ll be responsible for the provision of a high quality, nutritional catering service for patients, visitors, volunteers and staff within budgetary constraints. An ideal candidate will ideally have proven Catering experience and be able to provide good home cooked traditional meals, ensuring effectiveness of food hygiene and safety policies and practices.
- Prepare and serve fresh nutritious meals/snacks, with daily menu choice
- Liaise with patients and families for special dietary requirements
- Provide buffet lunch menu to visitors
- Ensure sufficient stock levels, control wastage and ordering
- Assist with managing budget for the Hospice’s catering service
- Lead and motivate volunteers
- Responsible for cleanliness of the kitchen
This role will enable you to expand your knowledge and skills. In return for your expertise and passion, you’ll receive extensive training and most of all, by joining our team, you’ll be ‘Making every day count’ for the patients, children and families we care for.