head of welfare & wellbeing
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Fair Havens Hospice
Jan 25, 2019
The Head of Welfare & Wellbeing provides strategic leadership to Family Support Services, working closely with the leadership team. You will represent, manage and develop the full remit of Family Support Services, in line with the organisational strategy. Building partnerships with a variety of voluntary and statutory agencies.
This is a demanding role, requiring excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to foster good working relationship with Trustees, Executives, staff and volunteers across the whole organisation; external organisations and partners is essential.
You will have relevant experience of working in a multi-professional team. Your vast understanding of social care legislation, policy frameworks and experience of safeguarding procedures, will prepare you to exercise the skills and competencies required. Ensuring the demands of the role are met as it continues to evolve over time.
A team player, comfortable with major strategic tactics and operational details, knowledge of palliative and end of life care is desirable.
Havens Hospices Staff Benefits
- 33 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 38 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- Perkbox staff discount scheme
- Salary sacrifice scheme for pension and annual leave purchase
- Competitive pension schemes
- Learning and Development team committed to personal and professional development, offering a number of education opportunities
- Life Assurance
- Employee referral bonus
- Wellbeing sessions (monthly)