Everyone matters at Havens Hospices. We look after their families, friends and neighbours too, and it makes a real difference to their life.
Although you may not be giving direct care to our patients, your contribution has a direct effect on our care services. With your efficiency and knowledge to ensure things are running smoothly behind the scenes, we can be sure that the hospices are totally focused on Making Every Day Count for our patients and children.
Working as part of the small central Finance Team and reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Business Development, the job carries responsibility for management of the finance team and the timely and accurate preparation of:
- consolidated monthly management accounts with explanatory commentary
- consolidated annual statutory accounts in line with UK GAAP and the Charities SORP (Statement of Recommended Accounting Practice)
- annual departmental budgets in conjunction with the budget holders
- quarterly high-level reforecast of income and expenditure
- financial analysis and costing of core charity activities.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in a financial accounting or management accounting position, be CCAB qualified or part-qualified accountant (eg: ACA, ACCA, CIMA), and be looking for an opportunity to make a real difference. Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) or a similar accounting system would be an advantage.
This role will enable you to expand your knowledge and skills in the unique environment of a hospice. In return for your expertise and passion, you’ll receive 5 weeks’ annual leave, extensive training and a competitive salary, and most of all, by joining our team, you’ll be ‘Making every day count’ for the patients, children and families we care for.