head of children’s services
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Little Havens Hospice
Jan 25, 2019
The Head of Children’s Services leads and coordinates the Little Havens Children’s Hospice in-patient unit, working closely with the Director of Care. Assuring the Children’s Hospice provides the best care possible to life limited children and their families. With the ability to understand and prioritise the needs of the families who access care at Little Havens.
This role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster good working relationship with Trustees, Executives, staff and volunteers across the whole organisation; external organisations and partners is essential.
You will be a registered children’s nurse with at least 3 years’ experience within a paediatric care environment and strong team management experience. Previous involvement working within a charity is highly desirable.
The ability to collaborate across all departments within the organisation is pivotal to this role. A team player, comfortable with major strategic tactics and operational details. Strong knowledge of palliative care is desirable.
Havens Hospices Staff Benefits
- 33 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 38 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- Perkbox staff discount scheme
- Salary sacrifice scheme for pension and annual leave purchase
- Competitive pension schemes
- Learning and Development team committed to personal and professional development, offering a number of education opportunities
- Life Assurance
- Employee referral bonus
- Wellbeing sessions (monthly)