Full Time, 37.5 hours including Weekends (Enhanced Pay)
Working across both Little Havens & Fair Havens
Feb 14, 2019
Although you may not be giving direct care to our patients, your contribution has a direct effect on our care services. Our kitchen is at the heart of the hospice and is open to our children and families view. With your culinary skills, you will ensure things are running smoothly behind the scenes leading our Catering teams, we can be sure that the hospice is totally focused on Making Every Day Count for our patients and their families.
We are looking for a talented Cook with management experience to join our team. You’ll be responsible for the planning and provision of a high quality nutritional catering service for patients, visitors, volunteers and staff within budgetary constraints.
With excellent planning and organisation skills, you will be responsible for providing home-cooked style traditional meals, ensuring effectiveness of food hygiene and safety policies and practices. The successful applicant will have experience in budget management, stock control and will be responsible for the menu pricing and cost base, as well as leading and developing the catering teams across both hospices.
Havens Hospices Staff Benefits
- 33 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 38 days with length of service (Including Bank Holidays)
- Salary sacrifice scheme for pension and annual leave purchase
- Competitive pension schemes and NHS pension for continuing members
- Learning and Development team committed to personal and professional development, offering a number of education opportunities
- Life assurance
- Employee referral bonus
- Wellbeing sessions (monthly)