In preparation for the Southend Half Marathon on Sunday 9th July in aid of Havens Hospices there will be a number of road closures for a short period of time.
They are as follows;
· George Street (in its entirety) – 7.00am – 13.30pm
· Rampart Terrace (in its entirety) – 7.00am – 13.30pm
· Rampart Street (in its entirety) – 7.00am – 13.30pm
· High Street Shoebury (in its entirety) – 8:45am – 9.30am
· Smith Street/Campfield Road (High Street to Ness Road) – 8:45am – 9.45am
· All roads within the Garrison (except New Barge Pier Road) i.e. New Garrison Road, St George’s Lane, The Terraces, Warrior Square Road and Magazine Road (in its entirety) – 8.45am – 10.00am
· Ness Road/Shoebury Common Road and Thorpe Esplanade/Eastern Esplanade (From south of Linton Road to Beach Road) – 8.45am – 12.00pm
· Maplin Way (from Thorpe Esplanade to Church Road) – 8.45am – 12.00pm
· Church Road – 8.45am – 12.00pm
· New Barge Pier Road (south of Magazine Road) – 8.45am – 12.00pm
There will also be temporary suspension of parking on both sides of Peel Avenue from its junction with Blackgate Road northwards for 50m from 7.00am – 13.30pm.
There will be no parking charges for runners’ onsite at Shoeburyness East Beach
Judy Grocott Events Manager at Havens Hospices said
“We are really looking forward to cheering on all the runners at the Southend Half Marathon. On behalf of everyone at Havens Hospices I would like to thank everyone who supports this event: the runners, all their friends and family who come and cheer and of course the fantastic residents and business owners along the route who allow us to run through their streets - all of you are ‘Making every day count’ for adults, babies, children and young people across Essex.”
The Southend Half Marathon takes place on Sunday 9th July, starting and finishing at Shoeburyness East Beach. Runners, including wheelchair users, still interested in taking part can still sign up until Friday 30th June online at www.havenshospices.org.uk/southendhalf or contact the Havens Hospices’ Events team on 01702 220324. Registration will be open on the day for an additional £5 charge.