At Havens Hospices we’re offering a unique volunteer opportunity for young people an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a Hospice environment, particularly if you are interested in pursuing a career in the NHS, health, social care or charity.
This role will not only enhance a young person’s college, university or job applications but will give them valuable life skills through direct contact with patients, families and the hospices’ Care Teams.
The project is suitable for students commencing either Year 12 or 13. There are five roles:
- Fair Havens In Patient Unit – this is an opportunity to work in the kitchen at the In-Patient Unit assisting in the kitchen and providing a light supper for patients
- Fair Havens Day Care – this is an opportunity to offer interest, stimulation and a listening ear to patients, help with craft activities and help serve refreshments
- Creative Therapist – this is an opportunity to sit with patients and listen and chat as well as participating in creative therapy
- Little Havens Kitchen - this is an opportunity to work in the kitchen within the Care Floor assisting in the kitchen and helping with preparing dinner for children and their families
- Little Havens Care Floor – this is an opportunity to volunteer directly on the Care Floor with children and their families, please note for this role you need to be in Year 13 as of September 2018
Please complete and return the enquiry form, we will acknowledge receipt and contact you in January 2018 to arrange an interview to take place in February half term
Please email the Volunteer Services Team or call 01702 426237 if you have any queries.
You will need to be available for an interview in February 2018 half term
You will be asked to provide a supporting statement before attending your interview
You will need to be able to give a commitment from July 2018 until July 2019
Due to the nature of our work, the project is not appropriate for anyone who has experienced a close bereavement within the last two years.