Havens Hospices has always worked closely with schools and youth groups to educate, entertain and inform them about their local adult and children’s hospices.
Although hospice care may not seem like a subject suitable for children, Havens Hospices has produced a range of materials, resources and activities designed to help start conversations with youngsters from all age groups.
These include worksheets on:
- A Havens Hospices guide to School Engagement Activities
- How to make a Button Tree
- How to make a ‘Betsy’ Butterfly
- How to make a Memory Box
- How to make a Sand Jar
- A guide to children’s books on death, dying and bereavement
- Betsy Butterfly colouring activity sheet
Our dedicated Community Fundraising Team can also offer:
- Assemblies (with the option to bring along our mascot Besty)
- School specific fundraising opportunities
- Visit to Fair Havens Hospice or Little Havens Hospice during one of our dedicated Open Days
- Volunteering opportunities for older pupils via our Young Ambassador scheme
If you would like to download these or find out more information, please fill in the form below